David J. Mondragon
David J. Mondragon is a 37-year veteran of the automotive industry. Dave began his career at Ford Motor Company, where he worked his way from an administrative job at the Edison, NJ assembly plant to President & CEO at Ford of Canada. In this role, Dave was responsible for over 15,000 employees and $10 billion in annual revenue; Dave led Ford of Canada’s extensive operations across the country, including a national headquarters, three regional offices, two branch offices, four vehicle assembly plants, and two parts distribution centers. Dave provided the vision and leadership to develop and deliver one of the most successful automotive turnarounds in Canadian history, making Ford the #1 selling automaker in Canada for the first time in 50 years!
After successfully managing the company’s Canadian operation through the great recession, he moved stateside to become Executive Director of U.S. marketing and then Executive Director of U.S. sales. In these roles, Dave was responsible for over $50 billion in annual sales managing the world’s 6th largest automaker in Ford’s most important global market. Dave was actively engaged with product development, pricing, marketing strategies, brand communications, media plans, promotions, incentives, and product marketing campaigns. Dave’s operational oversight included Ford’s general office in Dearborn, Michigan, twenty-two regional offices, 700 employees, and over 3,000 dealerships across the country.
Dave is now Vice President of Enterprise Product Development at S&P Global Mobility, leading a specialized team of product engineers established to create and launch new products and services. This highly matrixed role leverages big data to deliver best-in-class mobility analytics and insights to support the global automotive industry.
- Motormindz, Inc., Senior Partner
- Adweek Advisory Board
- Board of Trustees at Northeastern University in Boston, MA.
- Past Chairman of Canadian Vehicle Manufacturers’ Association (CVMA)
- Past Chairman of the Canadian Automotive Partnership Council (CAPC)
- Past Board Member of the C.D. Howe Institute
- Past member of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives (CCCE)
- Past Board Member of the Centre for CEOs of Enterprises with Foreign Ownership (CCEFO)
- MBA, Northeastern University, Boston, MA – Graduate School of Business Administration
- BA, California State University, Sacramento, CA – Organizational Psychology